casino : player guides - baccarat
Baccarat Player Guide
The game of baccarat involves two hands being dealt, the player’s hand and the banker’s hand. Before the hands are dealt, the player must place a bet on whether the banker’s hand or the player’s hand total will be closer to 9. The player also has the option to bet on the tie, i.e. both hands total the same.
In reality, there isn't much scope for strategy as such in Baccarat, because the player is not able to influence the order of the cards, or whether either hand stands or takes another card.
However, the subtlety comes from making the right bets at the right time. Many players like to keep records of the sequences of hand results and make their bets based on what they believe will be the outcome of the next hand.
The number cards between Ace and nine count as face value. The 10 card and Jack, Queen, and King count as zero. If the total value of either hand exceeds 9, then 10 is subtracted from the total value.
Here are a few examples of what hands may be dealt during baccarat, and what the total hand values equal:
|7 & 8||5|
|King & 4||4|
|9 & 10||9|
A 7 + 8 totals 15, but remember, if the total of the hand exceeds 9, you subtract 10. Therefore 15-10=5, so the total hand is 5.
A King + 4 has a total hand of 4, because face cards such as Kings count as zero, so 0+4 =4, so the total hand is 4.
A 9 + 10 creates a “natural” 9 because 10’s count as zero
Third card rule
When playing at the totesport casino, the casino will automatically deal the third card should the third card rule apply so you needn’t worry about learning it. However, for reference a full list of when the third card rule applies and when it doesn’t, see below:
No third card rule applies when:
- The player’s and banker’s hands are declared a tie
- OR, if the total value of either the player’s or dealer’s hand is an 8 or a 9.
Player’s third card rule applies
- If the player's total is less than or equal to 5 the player's hand draws a third card.
- If the player does not draw a third card, then the bank's hand stands on 6 or more and takes a third card on a total of 5 or less. If the player does take a third card then the Bank's third-card-rule below will determine if the bank takes a third card
Dealer’s third card rule applies
- If the bank's total is 2 or less then bank draws a card, regardless of what the player’s third card is.
- If the banks total is 3 then the bank draws a third card unless the players third card was an 8.
- If the banks total is 4 then the bank draws a third card unless the players third card was a 0, 1, 8, or 9.
- If the banks total is 5 then the bank draws a third card if the players third card was 4, 5, 6, or 7.
- If the banks total is 6 then the bank draws a third card if the players third card was a 6 or 7.
- If the banks total is 7 then the bank stands.
Betting and Odds
- A winning Player hand bet pays evens (1 to 1)
- A winning Banker hand bet pays evens (1 to 1)
- A winning tie bet pays 8 to 1
As baccarat is a game of chance there is very little you can do to influence the outcome. Therefore a good strategy to consider would be to ride on the outcome and vary the size of your bets appropriately; more as you win, less as you lose.
Following the winning streaks can also be another very profitable way to play baccarat. At totesport casino there is always a score card so players can look at previous hand history. If you can successfully follow a streak you can get rich very quickly.
100% bonus for all new players
Make your first deposit at totesport casino and you'll receive a 100% bonus up to £100.
Once claimed you'll become a member of the 'Emerald Club' and be entitled to a 50% bonus each and every month!
The most popular Casino game of all! Place your bets on what colour; segment or number the ball will land on when the roulette wheel stops spinning and you could be spinning your way to a big win!
The most popular Card game of all where the objective is to achieve a hand of 21 using 2 or more cards. You are playing against the dealer, and you win if you can scoring higher than the dealer without going over 21.
This version allows you to play up to 5 hands at once against the dealer!
Gold Rally (P)
It's time to dig for Gold on this online progressive slot where the jackpot often reaches and exceeds £1million!
Choose to play between 1 and 8 win lines for your chance to strike Gold!
Over 100 games, better graphics, faster gameplay & exclusive promotions in our download Casino.
Jacks or Better (4-line)
The most popular Video Poker game of them all! Four separate win lines offer you more chances to win. Get paid for matching a pair of Cowboys (Jacks) or more and if you hit a Royal Flush you'll win up to 4,000 times your stake!
Blackjack Surrender Multihand
Like standard Blackjack with the option to back down if you are dealt a weak hand! Once you've seen your hand you can 'surrender' and get half your stake returned.
Play up to 5 hands simultaneously against the dealer's 1.