totesport.com Terms & Conditions
Account holders may transfer funds between the sportsbook & casino services. The terms and conditions below relate to the sportsbook.
These terms and conditions govern all bets placed on the totesport website (but not gambling on casino or games), www.totesport.com, which is
operated by Tote Credit Limited (“totesport”). totesport is established in and
operates from the UK and is fully licensed to operate an internet sportsbook from the UK.
By opening an account you will be deemed to have read and accepted these terms and conditions which constitute a legally
binding agreement between totesport and you.
within and therefore form part of these terms and conditions.
- Account holders are responsible for all bets placed on their account where the correct password has been provided. Therefore,
it is in the account holder's interest that under no circumstances should any of their account details be divulged to a third
party. If an account holder has reason to believe that a third party may be in possession of their password or account details,
the account holder is responsible for changing their own password. To do this, Log in, select My Account and Password.
- totesport reserves the right to refuse the whole or part of any bet. The right is also reserved to close an account without
explanation, however in such case any bets already accepted and awaiting fruition will stand, unless made in contravention of our rules or otherwise fraudulently.
- Access to or betting on the totesport website may be illegal for persons in certain countries and totesport does not intend
that the website is used for betting or any other purposes by such persons. The website does not constitute an offer or
invitation by totesport for betting in any jurisdiction in which such activities are prohibited.
- It is the responsibility of each account holder to ensure that they comply with any laws applicable to betting in the
location from where a bet is placed. totesport cannot be held responsible for any action resulting from the use of their
website in jurisdictions where betting may be illegal.
- (1) It is a condition of our acceptance of bets from you that, and by offering to place a bet with us you represent that:
(a) you are not prohibited from entering into the bet by any term of your contract of employment or any rule of a Sport Governing Body which applies to you;
(b) you are not aware of any circumstances which would make the placing of the bet a breach of a rule on betting applied by a Sport Governing Body; and
where the bet is placed on the outcome of a race, competition or other event or process or on the likelihood of anything occurring or not occurring ("the event") you do not know the outcome of the event.
(2) In the event of such representation by you proving to be false your stake will be forfeit and we shall not be obliged to pay any winnings which might otherwise have been payable in respect of the bet.
- It is also the responsibility of the account holder to ensure that the credit card issuer does allow the card to be used for
gambling purposes. totesport cannot accept responsibility for any action taken by a card issuer against an account holder.
- To ensure absolute security of all customers financial details and to assist us combat fraud efficiently, it may be
necessary for us to request customers to provide personal identification for a withdrawal request
(see How do I withdraw money? in
the FAQ section) when funds have been deposited by a credit card.
- totesport will take no additional charges from your credit card for using our services, however some credit card providers
may treat your deposit transaction with totesport as a cash withdrawal and charge you accordingly within their
terms and conditions. totesport accept no liability for any credit card charges you may incur.
- Accounts are only available to persons aged 18 years or over. Placing bets by anyone under the age of 18 is prohibited
and totesport reserves the right to void any transactions with any such person. totesport may carry out age verification
checks in accordance with its Privacy
Non UK Customers Account Registration
In order for us to complete account requests from customers outside of the UK we require two forms of identification.
The ID required is as follows:
1. A copy of your current Debit/Credit Card Statement, containing the card number along with your name and address, plus a copy of the front and back of the relevant card.
(Please note that for 'virtual' credit cards we require a copy of the online statement plus a utility bill with name and address that you have registered on the website.)
AND 2. Either:
(a) a copy of your driving licence
(b) a copy of your passport
This information can either be faxed to Totesport Customer Services on 00 44 (0)1942 820040, e-mailed to email@example.com, or forwarded to the following address:
Wigan WN3 4HS
- Accounts may be opened in Pounds Sterling (GBP) or Euros (EUR). The currency selected cannot be changed once the account is opened.
- For Sportsbook transactions involving an exchange in currency, the applicable rate of exchange will be the “Closing mid-point for Pound Spot Forward against the Pound” as published by the Financial Times from time to time. To see the exchange rate, go to My Account. To see how to bet on pools with euros, see FAQ. Although we’ll try, we can’t guarantee your request regarding the payment method or currency of payment of your withdrawal.
- If you have not placed a bet using your account for a period of one hundred and eighty days your account shall deemed to be dormant. Similarly if we have frozen your account for such a period it shall be considered dormant. If your account is categorised as dormant and there is a credit balance on the account, then we will use all reasonable endeavours to contact you to determine your wishes in respect of those unutilised funds. If you have not placed a bet or withdrawn the funds 14 days after this contact is made then any funds will be removed.
- totesport reserves the right to amend or change these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice and any
amendments will be published on this website. It is the account holder's responsibility to be fully aware of the terms and
conditions before placing a bet.
Any rule which is not specifically covered on-line will be governed by Tote Credit Rules of Betting, a copy of
which can be requested by writing to Tote Credit Ltd at Westgate House, Chapel Lane, Wigan, WN3 4HS.
- totesport makes no representation or warranty as to the software on the website and cannot be held responsible for the
failure of any of the software. All online bet requests are confirmed by the bet acceptance message and are instantly
available to view in the account holder's Account section. totesport does not accept responsibility for any bet not confirmed
in the above manner.
- The use of names any course, track, stadia, event or other location name or the name of any horse, rider, player or other participant within any games on the totesport website and/or on any derivates thereof is purely coincidental and no official or commercial association is intended with and no responsibility is accepted for any coincidental use of the same.
- You shall indemnify and hold harmless totesport, its subsidiaries, employees and agents and partners from any claims,
liabilities, costs and expenses that may arise as a result of your breach of these terms and conditions or a breach of any
laws of any jurisdiction applicable to you. In the event of such breach your winnings may be forfeited and totesport may
retain any positive balance then existing on you account pending investigation and/or the conclusion of any legal proceedings.
- Despite every effort to ensure complete accuracy, totesport or its licensors cannot be held responsible for any errors in the information on
the website including, without limitation, the provision of odds, results or race / event start times. In the event of
incorrect odds being quoted, bets will be deemed void and all bets
cancelled including multiples. To establish the correct price at time of placement should there
be a dispute, Totesport will consider industry prices available in the general market at the
time the wager was placed. Should the error be noticed before the event is due to take place
every effort will be made by the totesport team to inform all those customers who have
placed a wager.
- Bets are only accepted using the funds available in an account at the time. Where a credit/debit card is used to deposit
funds, such funds only become available after totesport has obtained authorisation from the relevant card issuer. Should the
card issuer decline a transaction, all enquiries should be addressed by the account holder to the card issuer concerned. The same conditions apply where funds are deposited from a Moneybookers account.
- Monies deposited with us are not subject to special arrangements (eg held in separate bank accounts) or subject to particular protection in the event of our insolvency.
- In the event of a dispute not being resolved following contact with firstname.lastname@example.org, the account holder may refer the
matter to the totesport Channel Manager. Should the dispute continue to remain unresolved, the matter may then be referred to
the Independent Betting Arbitration Service (I.B.A.S.), or any other mutually agreed and recognised body for arbitration,
where providing each party has been given the opportunity of submitting their case, any decision shall be binding on both
- All times quoted on this website refer to UK Time.
- The maximum payment to any one account holder, in respect of any one day’s Internet betting is £500,000 with
any exceptions as listed below:
|Bets with all selections at race meetings covered in full* by SIS that take place in Great Britain or Ireland.
|Bets with all selections at race meetings covered in full* by SIS which include South Africa.
|Bets with all selections at race meetings covered in full* by SIS which include races taking place outside of Great Britain,
Ireland & South Africa.
|Bets which include one or more selections at race meetings not covered in full* by SIS.
|Bets with all selections at BAGS / BEGS meetings covered in full* by SIS.
|Bets with all selections at meetings televised live by Sky Sports or terrestrial television. Greyhound Placer.
|Bets which include selections at BAGS / BEGS meetings not covered in full* by SIS or non - BAGS / BEGS meetings taking place
at Crayford, Hove, Romford, Walthamstow or Wimbledon stadia.
|Bets which include selections not covered above.
- Premiership, Championship, League Divisions One or Two in England.
- Premier League, League Divisions One, Two or Three in Scotland.
- Premier Leagues in France, Germany, Italy or Spain.
- Cup matches in England or Scotland.
- International matches or European Cup competitions.
|Bets which include one or more selections not covered above.
|American Football, Athletic World Championships, Boxing, Cricket, Motor Racing, Olympic Games, Rugby League Club
matches and Internationals, Rugby Union Club matches and Internationals, Other Golf Tours, Snooker, Tennis.
|Baseball MLB, Basketball NBA, Ice Hockey NHL.
|Australian Football, Sports not covered above.
Where accounts are held in Euros the same numerical values will apply (for example, maximum payment to any one account holder in respect of any one day’s Internet betting is €500,000). Totesport reserve the right to change this policy at anytime in light of exchange rate fluctuation.
|Bets which include selections not covered above.
- Any bets accepted with a higher liability are still subject to the above maximum payment. Bets for the totejackpot / toteplacepot / totescoop6 transmitted to the relevant pool
are not subject to the above maximum payment.
- Enquiries relating to any aspect of totesport should be directed to email@example.com. Any betting query received
after 14 days from bet placement will be disregarded and correspondence will not be entered into.
- totesport reserves the right to reclaim any incorrectly transferred monies relating to incorrect
settlement of bets and by accepting these terms and conditions each account holder thereby authorises totesport to withdraw
such monies directly from the bank accounts into which they had been paid (without requiring any other contact or
authorisation with the account holder in respect of such withdrawal).
- Bets placed in accordance with the rules of totesport may only be amended or cancelled by mutual agreement.
However, should a bet be accepted in error after the result of the race / event is known or after totesport has ceased to accept bets on the race / event concerned, the selection(s) involved will be void.
- If any part of these terms and conditions is deemed unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that part shall
be deemed to be severable from the rest of these terms and conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability
of the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions.
- Ownership of any intellectual property rights in the website including, without limitation, the software, images and text
(the “IPR Rights”) remain with either totesport (and its related companies) or its licensors.You are permitted to
use this material only as expressly authorised by us or our licensors. You shall not copy, redistribute, publish, reproduce, transmit,
display, commercially exploit, tamper with or create derivative works of any of the IPR Rights in whole or in part and you shall not
intefere with, modify, or reverse engineer any software provided on the website.
- You acknowledge and agree that the material and content contained within the totesport.com web-sites and provided as part of the
totesport.com betting service is made available for your personal non-commercial use only. Any other use of such material and content
is strictly prohibited. You may download one copy of the material on this website for such use onto a single computer. Your use of
the service is at your sole risk.
- totesport accepts no liability under the law in any jurisdiction other than the UK. All bets made on the website,
together with these terms and conditions and the Betting Rules, are governed by English law and the courts of England and
Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any disputes that arise out of or in relation to them.
Competition Terms and Conditions
Employees of totesport (and its related companies) and their relatives and third party agencies, their employees and
relatives, are not allowed to enter competitions on the site. Prizes are as stated and cannot be altered. There is no cash
alternative for any prize. Entries must be received on or before the closing date stated on the competition. Only one entry
per account. The totesport Managing Director's decision on all matters affecting any competition is final.
Back to top…